Enerflex Process Pty Ltd were engaged by Santos to design, supply and construct a self-contained power station for the supply of electrical power at the Santos owned Arcadia Compressor Station 02 located in the northern Surat Basin. Due to the lack of available grid power, Santos were required to self-generate power using the coal seam gas being harvested in the area as the fuel source for the power station.
Enerflex engaged ConsultJR for specific electrical design tasks as well as delivery management. We were involved from the tender phase through to site commissioning.
Scope of Works included:
- Our engineers were responsible for the full modelling, protection system design and electrical installation design to integrate five 1MW, 11kV gas-fired generators into an ABB Unigear 11kV switchboard
- Programming the eighteen ABB IEDs as well as five LV ACBs for both protection, logic and IEC61850 configuration using ABB’s PCM600 software
- Detailed control circuit design for the 11kV switchgear, the LV switchboards and the genset controllers to facilitate the hardwired station control and the interface to the supervisory PLC/SCADA system.
- Technical management of major suppliers and subcontractors.
- PowerTools for Windows and ABB PCM600 protection system design
- 5-off 1MW 11kV containerized gas-fired generators
- 1-off 750kVA LV diesel generator with step-up transformer
- 20 panels of ABB Unigear 11kV withdrawable switchgear
- 3000A ABB LV MSB with dual 2000A incomers
- 2-off Neutral Earthing Transformers
- 2-off 600kW load banks
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix distributed PLC system for station control
- ComAp engine protection system