ConsultJR provided the detailed electrical and control system design for design and construction of a new Biogas fueled cogeneration plant at Coombabah STP. The 500kVA cogeneration unit utilises the biogas from the digesters to provide electrical power in parallel with the supply authority network and waste heat from the generator unit to heat the digesters as appropriate. Additional to the cogeneration unit. Two new boiler heaters were integrated into the network and the existing pipework was augmented to allow for the new processes. The project required ConsultJR’s experience with electrical infrastructure projects and required integration of diverse range of electrical devices and instruments.
Scope of Works included:
- Detailed design of the electrical installation.
- Augmentation of existing LV MSB to allow for parallel generator connection.
- Design interface with the PLC/SCADA subcontractor
- Integration of proprietary equipment via Profibus DP and PA networks as well as hardwired.
- Power system and harmonic analysis.
- Integration of 500kVA Biogas Cogeneration Unit.
- Integration of 2 dual gas boiler heaters.
- Desktop review of power systems protections.
- Detailed power system and harmonic analysis utilsing PowerTools for Windows.